The Newspaper Guild of Pittsburgh, Local 38061, is offering two $1,500 scholarships to undergraduate students who want to work in print journalism as reporters, copy editors, photographers, paginators or graphics designers.
- One-page, typed, personal statement outlining background and professional goals in journalism.
- 2 published, single byline examples of your work, including newspapers, online stories, clippings, photographs, paginaton/layout, graphics or artwork. Sorry, no blogs or tweets.
- Online work must be provided in a printout of the web page, complete with web address and date of publication.
- Most recent college transcript
- Letter of recommendation from journalism or graphics arts professor
You must have completed at least four semesters and have at least one full semester to complete.
You must be from Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington or Westmoreland counties or attend a college or university in those counties.
The scholarship is not available to students attending or enrolling in graduate school.
Click here to download an application.
Hurry! Applications must be received by March 4, 2014