We might be well into January 2013, but there are a number of changes (staffwise) in the newsroom you may or may not have noticed. (Pictured starting with top left; left to right, top to bottom.)
- Harrisburg Bureau Chief Laura Olson is leaving to work for the AP in Sacramento.
- Andrew McGill has moved into the county beat on a part-time basis. He will balance responsibilities there with ongoing and future work in the multimedia department through July.
- Len Barcousky is taking on a different mix of responsibilities in the run-up to the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, focusing more on his unofficial history beat and less into daily coverage of county government.
- Lexi Belculfine, former content editor on the universal desk (and former PG summer intern and editor-in-chief of The Daily Collegian at Penn State during the Sandusky scandal) has moved into the night cops/GA reporting slot.
- Moriah Balingit is our new Grant Street beat reporter, with primary responsibility for coverage of the mayor, city council, city departments and city services.
- Joe Smydo is now balancing reporting duties for the enterprise team with planning and editing responsibilities for the Next Page.
- Liz Navratil has moved from night cops and GA reporting to the daytime cops beat.
- Molly Born has taken over a newly created job as an early morning breaking news reporter.
- In addition to his existing duties as columnist and editorial writer, Tony Norman will lead the Post-Gazette’s books coverage.
The guild wishes all well in their newest endeavors.